- Pass by Value vs Reference: Primitive data like number, boolean, etc. are passed by their value. But non-Primitives like array and object are passed by their memory reference. This is a very important concept of programming. If you don't know about it, you won't be able to write good code.
- Class & inheritance: Class and inheritance are very concepts of Object-oriented programming. And in React, You will use classes to write components. But it is disappearing because of react hooks. But you might find older codes where classes are used. So, learn it.
- Spread and Rest operator: Spread and rest operators are very common in reactjs development. If you don't know you will get stuck.
- Higher-order function and callback: Higher-order functions are the function that takes another function as an argument. And that function that you pass as an argument is called the Callback function. It is a very important concept. In react you will use them. Specially array higher order function. Or more specifically the
maphigher order function.
- Destructuring: Destructuring simply means pulling your data from an object or array to a separate variable. It is a very common task for react props.
- Arrow function: An arrow function expression is a compact alternative to a traditional function expression, but is limited and can't be used in all situations. Arrow function makes your code clean. Once you understand it, most of the time you will use this. You will see plenty of code using the arrow function in react.
- Data fetching: Data fetching is important. Most probably you will need some data from external sources. So you have to know how to fetch data.
- Module system: It means splitting your code into different parts. You export and import code for code reusability. I believe it is the most common thing in reactjs development.
- Npm: If you don't know how to use npm or yarn or package.json, then just do it. Without it, you won't even be able to use react locally.
- This keyword: This 'This' is one of the scariest things of the universe. I still hate 'This'. But you have to understand it. But if you use react hooks then you won't have to worry about it much.
These are the things that I think everyone should learn. You might disagree with me. That's completely fine.
I have made a video about how to build a carousel postcard with React, Material-UI, and Swiper.js. If you are interested you can check the video.
You can also demo the application form here
Please like and subscribe to Cules Coding. It motivates me to create more content like this.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on any social media as @thatanjan. Stay safe. Goodbye.
Why do I do what I do?
The Internet has revolutionized our life. I want to make the internet more beautiful and useful.
What do I do?
I ended up being a full-stack software engineer.
What can I do?
I can develop complex full-stack web applications like social media applications or e-commerce sites.
What have I done?
I have developed a social media application called Confession. The goal of this application is to help people overcome their imposter syndrome by sharing our failure stories.
I also love to share my knowledge. So, I run a youtube channel called Cules Coding where I teach people full-stack web development, data structure algorithms, and many more. So, Subscribe to Cules Coding so that you don't miss the cool stuff.
Want to work with me?
I am looking for a team where I can show my ambition and passion and produce great value for them. Contact me through my email or any social media as @thatanjan. I would be happy to have a touch with you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- linkedin: @thatanjan
- portfolio: anjan
- Github: @thatanjan
- Instagram (personal): @thatanjan
- Instagram (youtube channel): @thatanjan
- twitter: @thatanjan
Blogs you might want to read:
- Eslint, prettier setup with TypeScript and react
- What is Client-Side Rendering?
- What is Server Side Rendering?
- Everything you need to know about tree data structure
- 13 reasons why you should use Nextjs
Videos might you might want to watch: